Tiscali Fails Again!!

muddypaws 22:23 15 Mar 2007

Tiscali went down at about 4pm today and I have just managed to re-connect.
My son managed to contact them and they said it
was a 'Network Outage'!! He managed to get back on at 8pm.

Totally-braindead 23:03 15 Mar 2007

You say it fails again. When was the last time it failed. I'm with Tiscali and although I'm not too keen on them I've only had one outage and that was over a year ago.

sconedd 23:12 15 Mar 2007

I have the same problem, it happened tonight and a week ago. I got in touch with Tiscali and they asked me to phone their support, I told them I was not prepared to talk to them on the phone, paying for the privilege of their mistakes. I am still waiting for a response.

Stuartli 00:02 16 Mar 2007
  GANDALF <|:-)> 00:27 16 Mar 2007

I have never had an outage with Tiscali.

G

Totally-braindead 00:29 16 Mar 2007

Mine was off tonight but thats the first time in well over a year for me.

MAJ 00:58 16 Mar 2007

I've had a few outages on Tiscali in the 6 years I've been with them, the longest, about a year ago, was for about a day or so, but I think it was something to do with our local exchange. The other outages have been for no more than an hour or two (that I've noticed). I've never had to contact their helpline, not that I would want to, now that it's moved to India (my pet hate). I'm quite happy with the 99 per cent service I'm getting. Service outages will happen with all ISPs, it's inevitable.

desi3026 08:22 16 Mar 2007

Hi,
I've been with them for about five years now,and they are DEFINATELY getting worse.We have problems connecting to Tiscali Broadband at least once or twice a week.They are normally short lived probs but up to a couple of years ago,connection problems were very rare.If it wasnt for the hassle of changing email addresses,I would seriously consider another isp.
Those of you who have had virtually no problems with Tiscali,have been very lucky.
Lets hope they improve soon.
Regards
desi3026

muddypaws 09:09 16 Mar 2007

I suppose it was frustration that caused me to use that phrase! I like, desi3026, have fairly frequent blips lasting perhaps an hour, but those , in fairness, could be an exchange fault. I have been with them for four years and never used to have any problems.
Stuartli. Thanks for the link, but thay don't mention any exchange near me in Kent, unless those two are some sort of national distribution areas.
Must learn to be more tolerant I suppose.

muddypaws 09:15 16 Mar 2007

All is forgiven. I have had a 'Happy Birthday' mail from them.!! Got that right!

David4637 13:50 17 Mar 2007

I have never had an outage on dial up, for some 5 years. The customer service is poor but their reliability once you are within their "system" is very good. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?