Tiscali e-mails

thumbscrew 09:42 25 May 2007

For two days I have been unable to send e-mails. I use Outlook Express and my ISP is Tiscali. Their service page states that "some customers" may be experiencing problems, but it doesn't give the area. Anyone else in the same situation?

rawprawn 10:21 25 May 2007

OK here (West Yorkshire)

MAJ 10:23 25 May 2007

Are you getting an error message, or do they appear to send but just don't arrive, thumbscrew?

extracopy 15:59 25 May 2007

ok in birmingham

extracopy 16:00 25 May 2007

ok in brum

thumbscrew 20:00 25 May 2007

Maj...no error message, they seem to go but don't show in "Sent Items" box. Just called their so-called help centre. Eventually I managed to understand they were saying there is a problem on their Servers and they were working on it.

Geord 20:03 25 May 2007

ok in Worcester

kumo22 22:11 25 May 2007

I was about to post a message myself. I'm in Chester and use Tiscali. I don't seem to be able to send mesaages from outlook or outlook express.

I have a webmail account with several email addresses with fasthosts and can send a message from one account to another when I use the webmail. Does this make sense?

Thanks
Mike

thumbscrew 22:33 25 May 2007

Hi kumo22, I've just called their helpline which was a frustrating experience to put it mildly. Eventually I was told there was a problem in some parts of the country. I can't send but can receive. How about you?

kumo22 22:41 25 May 2007

thumbscrew,

Exactly that. I can receive email but can't send. Very frustrating.

thumbscrew 22:44 25 May 2007

Their so called technical advice is a disgrace. Difficulty in understanding the operators in their call centre and no recorded message informing you of the situation when you call them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?