Tiscali e-mail problems

Jackcoms 11:55 31 Jul 2006

Are others having trouble receiving their Tiscali e-mail?

I can't get anything through Mailwasher/Outlook Express or via Tiscali webmail.

Password authentication fails every time.

Tiscali's webmail site was down earlier today although it's now back up but rejecting my password/log-in details.

rawprawn 11:59 31 Jul 2006

Hi Craig, I had problems this morning with all four of my email addresses in both Outlook & Mailwasher. After about an hour 3 came back OK, and they are all now working. I had the same authentication problem as you and it was the same trying to get into email on the Tiscali site. I would just leave it alone for a couple of hours, they are obviously having problems.

cagey 12:03 31 Jul 2006

I keep getting the message--The server is busy, please try again later. Presume they are having problems following their work early this morning.

FelixTCat 12:06 31 Jul 2006

I get the message "The web site is busy. Try again later" when I try to log into their webmail.

Jackcoms 12:23 31 Jul 2006

OK, thanks for your replies.

Looks like it's a problem at Tiscali's end rather than at my end. :-(

I'll keep trying!

Stuartli 12:25 31 Jul 2006

Back to normal now it would seem.

Had several phone calls from friend earlier asking what was happening?

Stuartli 12:25 31 Jul 2006

The Tiscali website's Status Service was still displaying everything A1..:-)

Meshuga 13:27 31 Jul 2006

I`m having the same problems too. Tiscali always show their service status as ok even when everybody is having problems.

spuds 13:48 31 Jul 2006

Tiscali pre-warned their customers, that they were going to do maintenance work from 12.03am on Monday 31/07/06, and email would be unavailable until the work had been completed.

I keep getting 'Server Busy' message, so I assume the work as not been completed or everyone is blocking the system in trying to get a response!.

FelixTCat 13:54 31 Jul 2006

I've managed to access email by going to the Tiscali web site, logging in to Manage My Account and only then checking emails. I still can't access them directly from the website or externally.

FelixTCat 14:34 31 Jul 2006

Tiscali came back up for me literally just this minute (14:32)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?