Tiscali Dying???

dumb_haddik 16:56 02 Apr 2007

Over the past few days, my tiscali connection has been stopping connecting and the red square appears in the notification bar, sometimes it goes green... like now. And sometimes it's off for ages.

Anyone else with similar experiences can you help. Is it tiscali, or is it at my end?

thanks so much

David4637 20:21 02 Apr 2007

I am on dial up, no probs for over 3-4 years with them. David

Totally-braindead 22:48 02 Apr 2007

I phoned Tiscali this evening and there was a wide spread outage.
How wide spread it was I don't know but I couldn't connect all evening - till about 10 minutes ago obviously.

Totally-braindead 22:49 02 Apr 2007

To check whether there is a problem ie when you can't connect phone 0870 744 2922 charged at National Rate. At least then you know if the problems on your end or not. Its the not knowing that drives me batty.

desi3026 08:23 03 Apr 2007

We also had trouble with our Tiscali connection due to an outage.We have had many outages in the last month.What exactly is an "outage"?
Connection ok at the moment,but each day is an adventure with Tiscali.
Regards to all.

newman35 08:30 03 Apr 2007

Could you explain what 'National Rate' actually means?
0870 numbers are covert premium rate, charging 8p per min, wheras the 'normal day rate' on my BT phone is about 3p per min (zero pence per min if I use '1899' etc!!).

JayDay 09:54 03 Apr 2007

Thanks for the comments. My parents (silver surfers) keep phoning me up because they can't get on-line with Tisacli. At least I know it's a Tiscali problem and not something their end.

dumb_haddik 10:18 03 Apr 2007

it happened a few months ago and stopped, it started again 2 days ago sometimes at premium times ie 6pm, i couldn't connect for an hour.

Thanks though, i'm glad the problem's not at my end.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?