Tiscali (cost of calls )

roygbiv 08:30 10 Sep 2003

Does anyone know the call cost of TISCALI (PAYG) (anytime local call).

Also, what is the out going and incoming servers (to read my O.E.).

To explain, my ISP (Giointernet) has cut its monthly time limit down and I have to use my (emergency back-up) (Tiscali, PAYG), when I go over the time limit (which seems to be at the end of every month!!).

Umbra 09:08 10 Sep 2003

hi roy,

Go to the Tiscali home page and navigate round the site. Plenty of info there on package prices and costs, OE settings and all.

click here

Stuartli 09:16 10 Sep 2003

Tiscali states PAYG charges are at local rates - used to be 1p a minute.

I'm still on Tiscali 50 at £7.99 a month and have also retained the right to pay by direct debit - Tiscali long ago abandoned new applicants for this and the Tiscali 100 service and requires other forms of payment.

But it's still frustrating to think that when I originally joined WorldOnline in 1999 the cost was £14.99 monthly for 24/7 internet access, cheaper phone calls and even included the (BT)line rental charge of £9.27....:-((

In other words unlimited internet access for just under £6 a month..:-)

Stuartli 09:19 10 Sep 2003

Tiscali's Help section has a very comprehensive roundup of settings, configuration etc for OE and IE.

MAJ 09:22 10 Sep 2003

Too true, Stuartli.

roygbiv:
The PAYG calls are local rates and the mail servers are:

Incoming: pop.tiscali.co.uk

Outgoing: smtp.tiscali.co.uk

anchor 09:32 10 Sep 2003

Call are charged at local rate. This depends on the time of day, and if you choose Tiscali as your "best friend" in BT friends and family.

It will only be 1p/min at the weekend. If you dial up during the daytime on week days, it will cost about 32p for a 10 min connection. A cheaper option could be OneTel.net. They charge 1p/min anytime.

click here

For full details of call charges from BT go to their site, and do a search. click here

roygbiv 16:41 11 Sep 2003

THANKS everyone. Alan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?