Tiscali Connection Keeps Dropping

Cheech811 22:31 29 Oct 2005

my connection to tiscali 1mb broadband keeps dropping off every 15 mins or so then reconnects about 5 minutes later. this only happens when using a netgear dg834gt asdl router and have alos tried a buffalo air station 54 router as well. everything is fine using the usb modem suppled by tiscali. have tried the netgear support helpline about 10 times but no help there. I am going mad now - any help greatly appreciated.

CMC 42 22:53 29 Oct 2005

It might just be that you're losing the wireless connection - Our tiscali modem is attached to the main PC and we are using a USB wireless network adapter so that I can access the internet via wireless on my Laptop. This occaisionaly disconnects for a couple of seconds usually.

You might want to check whether tiscali support modems that they don't supply (I'm assuming your router's one with a modem in as you can't plug a USB modem into a router).

If you really want wireless tiscali do have a wireless modem listed on their online shop but it's quite expensive.

Cheech811 22:59 29 Oct 2005

sorry CMC42, i meant to say that this is happening through the ethernet connection not the wireless - I have spent days on this and getting bald from pulling my haird out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone