Tiscali charging after cancellation

cap'n Jack 10:28 04 Jan 2008

BB cancelled in Sep 70. Now with BT who confirm Tiscali should not be charging me.
I still had over £4 taken from my account by Tiscali at end Dec. Cannot get into or contact Tiscali. £4 may not sound much, but if they are doing this to a few thousand people, it would add up to a tidy sum. Apart from stopping the direct debit, does anyone have any ideas or similar experiences
Capn Jack

rawprawn 10:39 04 Jan 2008

You should have cancelled your Direct Debit, when I left Tiscali They charged an extra £1.70p but I had already cancelled the DD so they had to reimburse it.
Have a word with your bank.

Clapton is God 11:41 04 Jan 2008

"BB cancelled in Sep 70"

I wasn't aware that BB was available in 1970. ;-)

Stuartli 12:08 04 Jan 2008

Tiscali takes payments in arrears (i.e. for the previous month rather than the forthcoming monthly period), which is likely to explain your apparent "problem".

TonyV 14:11 04 Jan 2008

As has already been said, cancel your DD. Tiscali will take money out as long as the DD is alive. It took me nearly 12 months to get money out of them a number of years ago because I hadn't cancelled it. It was only after talking to them that they said their system didn't act on closing accounts except from stopping you using their facility. They will take it money out ad nauseum!

TonyV

TonyV

Stuartli 14:57 04 Jan 2008

When I left Tiscali to move to TalkTalk a year last April, my direct debit account with it was cancelled as promised and I also received a cheque for just over £5 as I had not completed a full final month.

So Tiscali's system must have been "acting on closing accounts" as far back as then.....

TonyV 19:16 04 Jan 2008

They actually took three months payments from me after I had closed my account with them and I had to go to the highest level to get it returned! E mails, writing and phone calls, you name it, I went there! Maybe now they have updated their system to accommodate closures of accounts.
Cheers

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?