tiscali bb problems

SurfMonkey _#:@} 12:54 02 Nov 2005

eny one haveing any speed trouble with tiscali. since getting an email my bb speed has serously degenrated from over 1.5mbps to a meer 172mbps .are you getting the same problems

sawest 12:59 02 Nov 2005

Have you tried looking on Tiscali's web site for service issues?

Alternatively, if you are a heavy user you may have just had your wrists slapped from Tiscali!

What was in the email? Was it from Tiscali?

SurfMonkey _#:@} 13:02 02 Nov 2005

Dear Customer,

Due to essential service enhancements you may experience a 1 hour break in your Broadband service on 01-Nov-05

Should you experience any problems following this please contact our Customer Support team on 08707442922 ( National Rate) 8am to Midnight 7 days a week.

Regards

Tiscali broadband

that was the email i got

sawest 13:08 02 Nov 2005

Are you using an USB modem or modem/router to connect?

If it's the latter, then i'd try rebooting the router and then do another speed check.

If it's your using a USB modem then I think the only thing you can try is call the number given in the email.

Stuartli 13:09 02 Nov 2005

I've had exactly the same problem over the past couple of days - down to 256kbps from the normal 2MB service.

Using the excellent Tiscali Broadband Support forum I contacted one of the Technical staff by e-mail ([email protected]) and got an immediate response and the assurance it had been passed on immediately to the engineers for attention.

Steve also sorted out a problem I had been experiencing in not being able to logon to the Tiscali forums within the same afternoon - he kept in touch by e-mail to keep me up to date and request necessary information re username and password etc.

Any Tiscali subscribers, whether dialup or broadband users, will find that the forum support pages contain a mass of information, help and direct contact with those involved who are responsible for sorting out any problems.

Stuartli 13:12 02 Nov 2005

Re the Tiscali e-mail to which by SurfMonkey _#:@} refers:

click here

SurfMonkey _#:@} 13:19 02 Nov 2005

nope restarted pc reconnected stil getting less than 300kbps on the speed test at tiscali and at adsl guide. dont want to sit on the phone fore half an hour in a Q TO TISCALI.

Stuartli 13:30 02 Nov 2005

I've provided you with a direct link to a Tiscali Support representative...:-)

SurfMonkey _#:@} 13:36 02 Nov 2005

email sent stuartli

Stuartli 14:06 02 Nov 2005

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.....

Just had a very long conversation with a representative of Tiscali's senior engineering department regarding my loss of BB speed (best to date since work carried out on November 1 just under 1MB on a 2MB service).

He tried to explain to me that the line was not capable of achieving 2MB and went into various technical detail which was difficult to make out.

He advised that I should downgrad to the 512kbps to ensure a consistent BB speed...:-))

I pointed out that since April, when I first signed on for the 1MB service and then the free upgrade to 2MB, that I had been achieving the top speed (and often even better) until this week; later on in the day the speed would drop slightly but I realised the reasons with more people going online.

He informed me that there was nothing that Tiscali could do about the situation.

Furthermore he declared he could not meet my request to put the reasons in an e-mail to me as this was the responsibility of a "different" department. I suspect otherwise that this was the reason.

I now intend to contact the local exchange (I could walk there in five minutes as it's only 580 yards as the crow flies) to see what its engineering staff come up with.

Stuartli 14:11 02 Nov 2005

Contacted BT - its response is that as it is not a phone fault I should deal with my ISP...:-(

I think I'll walk round to the excange when it stops raining..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?