Is Tiscali BB as good as it gets

Barnacarry 11:09 03 Jul 2005

Having just been notified that Broadband is now available in my area, and after checking out a few Isp's, Tiscali are offering £15.99 for a 2GB monthly allowance with free connection. This sounds great. Is it?

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:16 03 Jul 2005

I have used Tiscali since day one and am now on 2mb BB. Never had any problems and have recommended it to many others.

G

Dorsai 11:19 03 Jul 2005

I recomend that you get a copy of the August issue of PCAdvisor.

It contains a comparison for about 30 ISP's on page 120.

I take it that you are looking at the 1Mbps service?

For £20, many others offer an uncapped 1Mbps service, rather than the 2Gb cap.

But then I am with Tiscali, and have no complaints at all. Perfectly happy, even though there are probably better deals out there...

Barnacarry 11:27 03 Jul 2005

Well, 2 out of 2 can't be bad. I'll give it a go and thanks.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 11:33 03 Jul 2005

Had tiscali for 2 years now very good isp no probs only been disconnected for about two hours due to technical difficulties in that time good fast help center but who needs a help center when u have this forum I would rate them A1

Stuartli 11:38 03 Jul 2005

I've been with Tiscali (in fact WorldOnline first before Tiscali took it over) since 1999 on dialup and, about two months ago, switched to its 1MB BB service.

It all went very smoothly and although it temporarily offered the same service for a pound less a month for a while (£14.99), I'm not too unhappy.

I'm surfing virtually all day every day and still have a long way to go to reach the 2MB cap each month; Tiscali itself states that the vast majority of its customers only use up to approximately four-fifths of a GB a month.

My only disappointment is that my original speeds of up to 2.4Mbps have now dropped to between one and one-and-a-half Mbps...:-((

Jackcoms 11:49 03 Jul 2005

I've been with Tiscali since they were screaming.net. No complaints at all.

I now use their 2Mbps services at £19.99 a month (it's capped at 15GB but I never get anywhere near that).

Speeds are very good as well. Try them.

Jackcoms 11:51 03 Jul 2005

I've been with Tiscali since they were screaming.net. No complaints at all.

I now use their 2Mbps services at £19.99 a month (it's capped at 15GB but I never get anywhere near that).

Speeds are very good as well. Try them.

Barnacarry 11:54 03 Jul 2005

So I take it that if the speed drops from 2 to 1Mbps they give you a discount or a rebate? (Tongue in cheek)

Klof Ron 12:01 03 Jul 2005

With Tiscali 2mbps service. No complaints and no loss of speed, although contention ratios will always play a part in true speeds achievable.

spuds 13:10 03 Jul 2005

Started with Lineone.net which was taken over by Tiscali. Never had any real problems, and in general very satisfied with the service, but customer service replies can be a little hit and miss.Having said that, I would recommend Tiscali.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?