tiscali and 721 error

karenmt 16:47 29 Jan 2008

My mum has been without her broadband now for 7 days. She logged in last Tuesday to have Error 721 appear on her screen. She phoned Tiscali for help and 7 days later is still waiting for them to get back to her. She has phoned each day asking for an update on the problem to be told an engineer will phone her back within 48 hours. To no avail. Anyone have advice on what to do now. Tiscali are a complete waste of space.

Thank you in advance.

FungusBoggieman 16:51 29 Jan 2008

have you tryed uninstalling and reinstalling the software that tiscali sent with the modem

karenmt 16:54 29 Jan 2008

Yes FungusBoggieman was the first thing we tried uninstall and reinstall but nothing

FungusBoggieman 17:08 29 Jan 2008

have you tryed connecting with your firewall turned off
sometimes error 721 referse to this as I can see after trawling tiscali`s forums

karenmt 17:10 29 Jan 2008

yes done that too .

FungusBoggieman 17:12 29 Jan 2008

have a read but I dont understand it much
click here

Stuartli 17:45 29 Jan 2008
  Stuartli 17:46 29 Jan 2008

You could also go to the ISP connection from Start>Settings>right click on the connection>Repair.

flipinek 18:24 29 Jan 2008

I've started getting this a lot in the past few days, with Freedom 2 surf, who have recently been taken over by Tiscali.

The thing that works for me is restarting windows - it seems to clear the fault, whatever it is. This is a clean install of XP, just a few days old, and the Error 721 was there from the start.

I've also been getting PPP Link Protocol terminated, which resolves if I just keep re-dialling.

I read somewhere that these two errors may be due to loss of modem synchronization , whatever that means, or a fault in the BT exchange.

But having had problems with Tiscali in the past I wonder...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?