TIP: Search an Entire Website

Pesala 11:03 21 Aug 2003

Maybe some website creation programs have this facility, but I don't think it is in mine. My website has 106 pages and some 1260 HTML files.

I just realised that one can use Windows Explorer to search for a file containing any word. Select the directory, right-click, and search. It takes just a few seconds to find the files I need to edit, and not much longer to edit them in Notepad. Then I know at once which pages I need to search and edit in Net Objects Fusion.

Forum Editor 23:12 21 Aug 2003

of NOF you have, but mine (version 7.0) has a 'Find' tool with which you can search for (and if necessary replace) a word or words in the site text.

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:48 22 Aug 2003

do you need to edit them in Notepad? With NOF you can edit 'in situe'. If you were to edit everything in Notepad why use a WYSIWYG application? No offence, but are you using the program correctly?

Cheers, Whiz...

Pesala 08:44 22 Aug 2003

F.E. I'm still using Version 2.02 for my website, and version 4 only for new stuff. Neither has the ability to search the entire site. As I said, maybe some website creation packages have this ability, but not mine.

Whiz. you're just an HTML snob. Not everyone wants to hand-code their website, any more than everyone wants to hand build a PC. Having found the errors in Windows Explorer and edited the html in Notepad, I know which page(s) I also need to edit in NOF.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone