Tiny XP Reload completed updates took for ever.

Alan24 14:26 31 May 2014

hello

I have just completed a reload on my old (2002) Tiny XP desktop PC using the reload disk that I purchased with the machine when new. The reload was straight forward but getting the updates from SP1 to SP3 and all the other updates have taken a very long time to complete. I was wondering how I can create a replacement 'reload disk' that will contain everything 'as at now' to use next time a reload may be necessary. I ask this as I anticipate getting SP3 and the other updates may be hard if not impossible to obtain in say 5 to 10 years. Before everyone says why don't I just replace the pc, I do already have another Win 7 machine for everyday use, however this old XP machine has both 4 and 6 pin Fire-wire ports as well as several expensive video software packages for use with my Sony Handycam DV camera. Thanks Alan.

rdave13 14:42 31 May 2014

Your best bet is to create an image on an external drive. I use Paragon and you create a boot disc to install an image back on to the drive.

A list of some free programs here and the software gives all the help needed on how to create a recovery cd and how to image etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?