Tiny URL problem ...

Technotiger 08:46 07 Jul 2008

Hi All, trying to use my Tiny URL, but it is showing the following when I click on 'From current URL' using it as a Firefox Add-on ...

"An error occurred. Is your internet connection available?"

Have used Tiny many many times without problem, first time I have seen this error! I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times, I run two Registry checkers daily and keep all my Anti-everything programs up-to-date. I have no other problems at all with my PC, everything is working normally, all except Tiny URL!

Is anyone else having a problem with Tiny??

Sea Urchin 09:08 07 Jul 2008

Tiny URL is working fine here - but that's with IE7 - can't speak for Firefox

VoG II 09:10 07 Jul 2008

In IE6 I just got:

500 - Internal Server Error
This server has encountered an internal error.

Follow these instructions: change the domain name that appears in the URL in the address bar of your web browser from tinyurl.com to b.tinyurl.com and leave everything else the same. Press the "go" button or hit the return key to be redirected to the page the TinyURL you followed goes to.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

rawprawn 09:41 07 Jul 2008

I got the same as VoG™ in IE 7, but I had no problem after changing the tinyurl.com to b.tinyurl.com, it worked as usual

Technotiger 09:50 07 Jul 2008

Hi Friend, yes, it appears there is some sort of problem with their Server - however, I followed your suggestion and, as rawprawn says, it worked as usual ... though not quite, in Firefox it still does not work in the usual way from the Tool bar link, but it does work by keeping Tiny URL in a separate Tab of its own.

So many thanks one and all, I can now tick as Resolved. Have a good day!

Stuartli 10:31 07 Jul 2008

Firefox 3, as with all previously updated versions of the browser, informed me that TinyURL wouldn't work with the new version.

However, it did just as every time in the past...:-)

I access TinyURL by clicking on the Toolbar's Bookmarks icon.

Technotiger 11:58 07 Jul 2008

Hi Marg - I am using Firefox 2.0.0.15 ...... Tried FF3 but it did not like my add-ons, so I reverted to this one.

Technotiger 12:04 07 Jul 2008

Still not working, same as Marg7 - can get the Tiny URL website page, but cannot get it to actually work.

Ah well, I will do without it for a while, and have another go another day!

ambra4 12:33 07 Jul 2008

Work fine here both the link and the Firefox 2 Extension

TinyUrl Creator 1.0.1 extension last on the list

click here

Technotiger 13:26 07 Jul 2008

Installed it again from within the Firefox Add-ons, now working OK, so the Green-tick is now Active ... LoL

Thanks to all!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?