Tiny Scanner FU661E model & Install help in XP

Giggle n' Bits 23:43 15 Mar 2003

I now have WinXP Home O/s and my Scanner is from my Ex Tiny pc, the scanner also Tiny badged with model No. FU661E which I have downloaded the drivers for but need help in installing it in WinXP Home O's

How I install it and do I need any other software ?

I use to use the scanner in MGI Photo suite but it was pre-installed by Tiny.

Really do not know how to go about installing this scanner, if anyone has one and can oofer help would be glad to hear from you, PLEASE.

I had no problem with installing a Lexmark printer but the scanner isn't looking as easy. I have found a help file and it related to something called Paper Port. Can you get MGI Photsuite free download anywhere of the web ?.

platty100 17:13 16 Mar 2003

if it is usb when you plug it in and start xp it should find it and ask you for a driver direct it to where you have downloaded the driver and let it install it for you. you do not need MGI to install it only your driver

interzone55 17:28 16 Mar 2003

To continue where platty100 left off.
Once your scanner is installed you simply open whatever software you're going to use (eg MGI photosuite), go to aquire image and select twain source, which would be your Tiny scanner.

Giggle n' Bits 22:24 16 Mar 2003

The Scanner is Kaput, the Scanner head will not move and bangs loudly as if its jumped out of its guide for moving across. I managed to install the driver but a scanned image is Black.

To buy a New Scanner !.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?