tiny laptop power supply

scorzena@ 20:30 21 Aug 2007

Hi - I have a Tiny laptop - bought just before the company crashed. It's power supply socket is loose and has just stopped working. I'd be grateful if anyone could help with the following:

a) Is there any way I can recharge the battery other than via the laptop? I'd like to switch on the machine via the battery & back-up the system before getting it repaired.

b) Can anyone recommend a place to repair this laptop - I live in North London?

Thanks in advance
Charlotte

umbongo(uk) 20:55 21 Aug 2007

i dont know about were u can get it repaired
so i just googled to get a look
click here

but the only way to back up is by buying a caddy with the interface for a small laptop drive which you then usb into your main pc for back up
or if you have a friend with a laptop you could place you hdd in their system and back it up that way
as for battery again youd have to have a friend who,s laptop can take the same battery and do it tht way

any way you can wiggle it into a position(corner of a book etc) then leave until until the battery is charged

birdface 21:29 21 Aug 2007

Not had time to have a look .playing Poker not very well.See if anything on here that helps. click here

birdface 21:32 21 Aug 2007
  birdface 21:44 21 Aug 2007
  woodchip 21:56 21 Aug 2007
  Strawballs 22:09 21 Aug 2007

If you are talking about the socket on the back of the laptop that the transformer plugs into then they are usually connected directly to the motherboard, my HP laptop had the same problem and was repaired on my 3 yr warranty and they changed the motherboard.

scorzena@ 21:37 22 Aug 2007

Thanks for trying to help me out - I'm v. grateful. Charlotte

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone