time synchronisation

Stephanie 18:41 04 Apr 2007

For the past couple of months, I have been unable to synchronize my pc's clock with internet time servers. I get an error message every time. I haven't consciously changed anything, so I wondered if anyone has had the same problem and has any solutions.

Stuartli 18:42 04 Apr 2007

It's quite common with the Windows link to time.windows.com - I just keep trying till it works.

MAJ 18:48 04 Apr 2007

Or you could try changing the time server to "europe.pool.ntp.org", (credit to who ever posted that link earlier). Also try temporarly turning off your firewall. If you must, you can temporarly use the Windows firewall, it will let the time server through.

Stuartli 19:08 04 Apr 2007

Make sure that Automatically Syncronise with an Internet time server is ticked (from the Internet Time tab).

blanco 19:10 04 Apr 2007

I use Atomic Clock sync which does just what it says on the tin.

VoG II 19:12 04 Apr 2007

This might come in handy click here

birdface 19:56 04 Apr 2007

Double click the time bottom right hand side,Time Zone, In the drop down bar,Choose GMT,greenwich Meen time, Dublin,Edinburgh, Lisbon,+London,Press apply, Ok

Stephanie 22:31 04 Apr 2007

and I still can't get it to work. i've got several time servers including the europe.pool.ntp.org but none of them will synchronize. I've also tried turning off zone alarm to no avail.

I am mystified, as it was working until a couple of weeks ago.

Stephanie 08:48 07 Apr 2007

Thank you to all of you and special thanks to blanco. I have installed Atomic clock sync and it is working fine.

FatboySlim71 09:13 07 Apr 2007

I had a similar problem a while back (been unable to synchronize my pc's clock with internet time)

The solution in my case was my firewall was blocking it. I can't remember the name of the file that was blocked. I then allowed it access and everything was ok, someone else may know the name of the file that I am on about, im sorry I couldnt be anymore help.

blanco 17:45 07 Apr 2007

Happy to have helped Stephanie, enjoy your Easter Egg now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?