Time to retire my old(? 8 yrs) printer- and buy ??

compumac 18:25 21 Feb 2009

I have two printers one specifically for photographs (Epson R800)and quality documents where good colour is necessary, and another HP (959C)workhorse for all other work including less quality colour requirements. The HP is now showing signs of wear and I think the time has come for replacement.
Any recommendations out there for an economical cartridge wise) printer. I am not looking necessarily for a cheap printer as the running costs of replacement cartridges are too high for the lower end but would welcome any suggestions.

compumac 09:56 22 Feb 2009

No-one?

TonyV 10:56 22 Feb 2009

Stick with a new HP but it seems difficult now to get a simple standalone printer. They all seem to come with a scanner plus whatever else they deem necessary these days.

TonyV

Diodorus Siculus 11:00 22 Feb 2009

Get a Canon Pixma IP4500 - choicestationery do compatible cartridges at a good price.

Have you considered a monochrome laser? It will be much more economical.

Border View 11:42 22 Feb 2009

Dont let the "refurbished" put you off. I have bought both stand alone printer ip4500 and Scanner and they are excellent. Good company to purchase from. Canon outlet on e-bay click here

Starting price for the printer today is £22.00

Good luck

compumac 12:49 22 Feb 2009

TonyV
I had not realised until I started looking yesterday that the majority are now multifunction units.
Diodorus Siculus
In respect of a monochrome laser I had an old Brother laser that served well so perhaps I might look at lasres as well.

weedman 18:27 26 Feb 2009

I've had a CANON Pixma MP520 for 14 months now and am very pleased with it - no problems so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?