Time PC problem

AlexPB 11:55 23 Dec 2007

Hi,

I have a problem with my time PC. I have recently moved my PC into another room. When i plugged in the monitor the message on screen when the PC was turned on was " No signal " which usually signifies the monitor not being connected properly. I have tried reconnecting it many times, have even tried a new cable but the message is stil appearing. Could there be a problem with the PC or can anybody offer me any other solutions?

Thanks

ICF 11:58 23 Dec 2007

The graphics card could have become unseated if there is one installed in that particular machine.

skidzy 12:03 23 Dec 2007

as above and check your ram has not worked loose.

And beeps on startup ?

AlexPB 12:11 23 Dec 2007

No there is no beep on start up. All that happens is that I connect the monitor and then turn the PC on, it then displays "No signal" on screen.

Thanks

birdface 12:22 23 Dec 2007

When shifting the computer you never switched the base unit of at the back beside the power socket.Check to make sure it is switched on.

AlexPB 12:26 23 Dec 2007

I jave cjecked that aswell and its not that. The PC turns on fine but there is no signal coming from the monitor

Thanks

birdface 12:28 23 Dec 2007

Sounds like you have the Monitor plugged in but not the base unit.Make sure the power plug to the base unit is plugged in and the switch beside it is turned on.The little light at the top of the base unit will be lit if plugged in properly.

crosstrainer 12:34 23 Dec 2007

If you have onboard graphics, you may need to re-set your BIOS to rrefect this. Ensure also that you have the VGA cable connected to the correct socket...If you have onboard as well as an independent card the BIOs Is your first port of call.

Else check fuse in the 3 pin connecter which serves power to the base unit.

birdface 12:40 23 Dec 2007

No Beep No work.I would try ICF or Skidzy's fix.

birdface 12:44 23 Dec 2007

While you are in the computer.Being a Time which means its fairly old it will probably need a clean out.Make sure the air vents at the back are free from dust and fluff and a clean inside with a Paintbrush with a plastic hose connected to you vacume.Hope you get it fixed.It does sound as though something may have moved inside.

CodenameCueball 12:50 23 Dec 2007

He said the pc worked, so its not the power cable.
have you tried a diffrent monitor and pc. this will tell you if its the pc or the monitor at fault.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?