My Time laptop suffered a crash and I had to hold the power button down for 10 secs to turn it off manually as Ctrl-Alt-DEl wouldn't work. When I turned it back on it got as far as the Windows desktop and then threw up a blue screen - again I had to hold down the power button to turn it off. Only this time when I turned it back on the orange Battery Charging light came on but the green power light wouldn't come on. So now I can't boot the laptop at all.
I tried unplugging the power cable from the plug socket and putting it back in again and also at the computer DC jack end but I still cannot get the laptop to boot.
Is the power cable at fault or is it the battery inside the laptop? We have been having trouble for the last few months with the battery - it won't boot the laptop and doesn't seem to charge properly. We always use the mains power cable instead. My brother seems to think the battery has died and that the mains cable won't work without a working battery inside the laptop. Is he right?