Time Laptop Cutting Out

Stuarthouston 21:38 30 May 2004

Hi,
Recently, my time arima athlon 2600+ laptop has developed a fault. The laptop was bought in August 2003, so is still under warranty. When i am doing something like playing a game, or anyhting else which uses a lot of graphics, the computer will randomly cut out. It acts as if the power source has been cut. This usually happens whn the laptop has been on for 30-60 mins at first, then afterwards it will only last for about 15 mins before cutting out again. Does anyone know what the fault could be?
Cheers - Stuart.

BabyOp 21:42 30 May 2004

Had a similar thing on my works Dell laptop and it was all down to the laptop overheating. One of the fans had packed in and there was nowhere for the heat to go so the laptop shuts down.

You may not have the same problem but it sounds very familiar.

Stuarthouston 21:46 30 May 2004

Cheers BabyOp, thats exactly what i didn't want to hear. That could be the problem. I'll give time a buzz and see what they say.
Any more ideas would be welcome.
Cheers - Stuart

Stuarthouston 21:13 18 Aug 2004

Jst to let you know, the problem is solved. The cpu fan was knackered. 2 months later, time's legendary tech support finally got the machin back to me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?