Time it takes for Hotmail to recieve sent mail?

gazmix 14:06 06 Mar 2007

Hi
I needed to send a webpage image to Hotmail address. I did the ctrl a, c & then opened a 'new message' window & did ctrl v!

So now i have the image on the new mail.
I add my email address & forward it, but a day later, it hasn't arrived!

I've also tryed to send a pic of me to a friends hotmail. I go to hotmail, write my letter, add file attachment & send.
They only get the text, not the pic!!

Any ideas!

Gaz

recap 15:15 06 Mar 2007

There may be a size limit on the account?

gazmix 16:40 06 Mar 2007

Yeh, i thought this, it's always hotmail that is the prob!

I believe i can reduce the size of the image when attaching & sending! I have done it before, but can't figure out how to now!
Can you explain how i do this!

Cheers
Gaz

gazmix 17:02 06 Mar 2007

The web page i have in Outlook that i want to send to Hotmail is 75KB
instead of just forwarding it, i went to tools & send as attachment, i hope that works.

Also photos in my documents, when i double click on them & send then right click & chose 'send as amil', it asks me if i want to keep to original size or reduce!
So i reduced, i hope that works too!
Gaz

gazmix 00:05 10 Mar 2007

anyone!!!!

Migwell 00:12 10 Mar 2007

Get your self a propper email account through some one like Tiscali or Talktalk. Not a webmail type, Hotmail is more bother than it's worth, it has been a source of bugs and all sorts of problems in the past and would not think of using it now.

gazmix 00:20 10 Mar 2007

It don't matter, i assume it gets there eventualy. I have my own fsnet address & hot mail,i don't need more !
I think it's a size limit thing. I get no definate answers so i imagine thats the prob!
Gaz

Kate B 00:33 10 Mar 2007

A couple of my friends are on hotmail and there have been more than a few times when emails - plain old text emails with no attachments - have failed to arrive with them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?