Time base unit

User-F19B448A-819C-4883-991C282DFCFBDA20 23:01 16 Jun 2003

At the weekend I saw loads of adverts for a very high spec. base unit(512mb DDR,120gb hard disk,cd rewriter and lots of other items) all for only £499.00 inc vat. Has anyone got this system and are Time any good.

chris05 23:07 16 Jun 2003

Where did you see the adverts? if it was online can you send me a link I have heard variouse things about time from good to bad try to find out whst the support is like ie garentee return to base time and see if you have to pay extra for these.

rev.bem 23:26 16 Jun 2003

You will have to add £49.99 for delivery and £99 for a one year collect and return warranty and "reload" disc,that adds up to £647.99 i personally think that better value for money is out there.

zp 09:08 17 Jun 2003

yes, you will find there is a delivery scam of 49.99 and then you have to pay another 60 for a so-called "recovery" disc. This sounds like some basic reboot disc which you can do without but is in fact the OS disc. I fell for one of their ads but rejected the disc. When I realized what the disc actually was I cancelled my order next day. They were as helpful as can be, told me it was duly cancelled very much thank you, and then 4 days later they drew my money out! First I knew was when the damn parcel arrived. I'm still trying to get them to take it away and give me my money back, which is my legal right even if I hadn't cancelled. When you phone them they are all smiles and say they will do it, but nothing actually transpires. Possibly this situation will be satisfactorily resolved but my experience so far is that they may be a high street name but they operate like a back street Arthur Daley. Truly bizzare.

They sound quite a rip-off ,for this system. *I expect this is the same case for most of their systems.It does all add up. I think I will look at Mesh or Multivision.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?