Ticking 'Resolved'

Graham. 23:45 02 Dec 2007

Some of us think this is very important. Maybe it used to be significant, but with posts flying by, it may have lost its place in the grand scheme of things. Does it really affect our choice to look at a thread?

eedcam 23:54 02 Dec 2007

I think its more important if the original poster states the problem is solved and by what means . ? whose help etc.,

Technotiger 23:54 02 Dec 2007

Hmm, I would not list it as highly important, but I do like to see a Green tick on any Thread which I may or may not have been involved in, and perhaps helped to solve! Also I do think it helps me to decide whether my intervention would be of any use, and it helps me see more quickly whether I should get involved with a particular thread. I think that makes sense lol ........

Graham. 23:58 02 Dec 2007

Trouble is, threads are all too often ticked with no solution given. For this reason alone, it may be better to withdraw the option.

birdface 00:52 03 Dec 2007

I like to see the green tick.Then I can have a look and see what the resolution to the problem was.Pity I can't remember them all.I do believe the tick and press resolved could be changed as the resolved part actually looks dead.A bit of colour on it and press to resolve written on it would help.

eedcam 14:02 03 Dec 2007

Possibly Graham but then as on other forums The original poster often vanishes one never knows whether they are sorted /dropped dead or just discourteous. Luckily I'm seldom knowledgeable enough to solve most problems but it must be most annoying for some of the stalwarts in the forum

wee eddie 14:09 03 Dec 2007

You'd found the Bomb in your kitchen!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?