Thunderbird , Spell-Checker problem

Vicmohi 09:30 18 Jan 2008

Can any dedicated Firefox/Thunderbird users suggest how I can correct a problem which has occurred. I think it started after an automatic update.
I have been using the above software on both my desktop Windows XP Home PC and on my Mac laptop. Both update automatically so should be same in use. However, while the Thunderbird spell-check on the Mac continues working fully, it has suddenly stopped working on my PC and I am unable to carry out spellchecking either on "As you type" or via the "check before send".
It appears to work in the latter manner in that the spell-check window comes up correctly upon starting the Send procedure but it does not show any incorrect spellings even when I have purposely inserted some. I f I go to Options - Spelling then the Language box consists of a double line instead of a box and no language shown. Repeated attempts to install a new dictionary have no success. I could completely re-install Thunderbird but only as a last resort as I would lose all mail files I suppose.

SANTOS7 10:14 18 Jan 2008

click here

possible fix here,good luck...

Vicmohi 17:38 18 Jan 2008

Thanks Santos7, worked fine.

Vicmohi

SirMort 01:02 23 Jan 2008

For your information I'm moving my blog and so the solution to this ThunderBird Spell Checker problem will be located at: <a href="click here">Click Here</a>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?