Thunderbird running like a dog

Kate B 13:07 08 Nov 2006

There's much I love about Thunderbird but sometimes it runs like a dog: creaking, slow to respond and slowing up the rest of my PC. I've reinstalled it a couple of times and keep my email database under control, I have no malware. Any thoughts?

anskyber 13:35 08 Nov 2006

Pass. I do not run thunderbird but I have heard of others who claim is slows right down if there are two e-mail (spam virus etc) clients running at the same time. eg the built in checker and say your antispyware. Just a shot in the dark.

Tick Tock 3 14:28 08 Nov 2006

Mine is the same very slow even on my new PC.

Mr Mistoffelees 14:33 08 Nov 2006

Must be the wrong dog, try a greyhound :-)

yaesu 15:24 08 Nov 2006

Nothing wrong with mine. The best I've used so far. (XP home sp2; Dell with Celeron 3.06 and Kaspersky 6.0) yaesu

Tick Tock 3 16:59 08 Nov 2006

When i mean slow it takes an age to startup when i click on the thunderbird icon.Firefox is not lightning fast either i put this down to mozilla products.

achilles123 17:28 23 Feb 2007

May be a corrupted file in profile. Find "inbox.msf" and move it away. A new version should be created next time T'bird runs. If all clear delete the old version.

jack 17:39 23 Feb 2007

TB runs fine for me all the times I use it( Imostly do my mail on the web now so the 'orrible stuff does not come in.
BUt the problem I do have is the frequently used addresses put themselves at the top of the main list in the side bar with lots of """" around them.
If I overlook this or do not delete them, they will go into the address line when clicked and the message crashed and wont go until I sort it.
So far no one has come up with an answer on the various forums

cocteau48 17:44 23 Feb 2007

After clicking on the desktop icon:
T'bird loads in under 3 secs
Firefox in about 5 secs.
I must be feeding it a more nutritious dogfood!

Kate B 17:45 23 Feb 2007

I posted this thread in November. Since then I've changed my operating system and installed Office 2007. But, er, thanks for the input. I suppose it reminds me to tick the thread resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?