Thunderbird problem with uninstall.

cocteau48 14:46 13 Apr 2007

Having encountered a minor email problem in that some recipients are unable to open links sent to them,I thought I would try to uninstall and reinstall T'bird as a starting point. I find that T'bird will not uninstall. I have tried its own uninstall facility/Add remove progs in control panel/the uninstall facility in CCleaner and also the Myuninstaller dedicated removal prog.
None will shift it - any ideas please.
Any thought on why email recipients are unable to open pics and/or links sent to them would also be appreciated

Technotiger 17:33 13 Apr 2007

Hi, I would have suggested CCleaner but I see you have already used that. What about a System Restore back to before you had any problems or even back to before you installed t'bird. Then use a different email program.

Technotiger 17:34 13 Apr 2007

or - re-install T'bird and then try the un-install again.

cocteau48 19:17 13 Apr 2007

Thanks Technotiger.
Have tried the reinstall and uninstall route with no improvement.
Posted the same query on the relevant Mozilla forum and the official answer is - wait for it !
"Just delete the Thunderbird folder from the Programs folder"
How scary is that!!!?

Re: recipients not being able to open pics or links I have found that this does not apply to all recipients so I guess the prob is at their end and not mine.
What I will try is using OE for those who appear to be having probs and see if that helps.

Technotiger 19:31 13 Apr 2007

Right - thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?