Thunderbird problem

Doug29 11:42 04 Dec 2006

Thunderbird was working OK then two of our 4 e-mail accounts stopped sending but would still receive. The following was displayed:

"An error occured while sending message. The mail server responded From: address not verified; see http//help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/edit/alternate/_email/index.html Please verify that your email address is correct in your mail preferences and try again."

The web address is about http which is pretty meaningless to me and probably irrelevant in this case. I went to Yahoo and the accounts were OK at that end. I saved my messages into one of the good accounts and deleted the two bad accounts. I recreated the accounts and still have the same problem sending (not receiving) mail. My email addresses and settings are correct as per the working accounts. Can't see any differences in the accounts for outgoing mail. Have I missed something?

Many thanks

octal 13:16 04 Dec 2006

Are all your accounts Yahoo?

From my understanding you are able to use POP accounts on Yahoo.co.uk, in otherwords you can receive emails in an email client like Thunderbird by using pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk, but you are not able to do the same for Yahoo.com accounts, they have to be accesed via web mail.

If you are sending then you normally use your default ISP system, in other words if you were using NTL then it would be smtp.ntlworld.com then making sure the identity is correct in the Senders field at the top.

Doug29 19:07 04 Dec 2006

They are all POP accounts on Yahoo.co.uk.

Just checked again and only the default account is sending and receiving. I probably got a bit mixed up with the accounts. Why wouldn't the other accounts work when they all use smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk:25 (Default) to send?

octal 19:28 04 Dec 2006

Some ISP's will only let you send through their system, NTL is like that, if you try and send via any other apart from NTL you often get a Relay 500 error returned.

Doug29 19:45 04 Dec 2006

Thanks octal

I'm using madasafish and have had no problems for the 4 months that I have been using it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?