Thunderbird -importing individual emails

Quiet Life 18:23 25 Dec 2009

I have been moving folders etc over to a new computer. Thansferred all the thunderbird emails etc. OK. But now I have about a dozen new emails in the old computer that I wish to move over. Have put them on a memory stick and transferred them onto the the new PC desktop.
They open OK in Thunderbird but I cannot transfer them into a folder.
This was a simple job in OE but what is the solution in Thunderbird?

Bill10 19:18 25 Dec 2009

Have you tried Mozbackup?
click here

Miké 19:51 25 Dec 2009

The easiest way is do delete your new Thunderbird profile folder, then paste the old folder in.

Miké 19:59 25 Dec 2009
  woodchip 20:12 25 Dec 2009

In Thunderbird Create a New Folder and copy the mail into that using Windows Explorer. You need to find the Mail Program in Explorer so you can copy to the new empty folder you created. Do not forget to give the new folder a recognizable name

woodchip 20:12 25 Dec 2009

After you get them into thunderbird you can drag the mail to any folder then delete the one you created

Quiet Life 11:19 26 Dec 2009

Thanks for the replies. It would seem that there is no simple way of getting individual emails into Thunderbird. Unless they are actually in you cannot copy or transfer them to Thunderbird folders. Deleting the new profile and creating one with the required emails does not really help as current emails received being received would be lost.
The only solution would seem to be to as they can be opened and sent in Thunderbird (but not filed) is to resend them to myself and then file them as necessary when they arrive.

Quiet Life 15:22 26 Dec 2009

Found a simple free solution mbox import described here:
click here
It can handle individual emails or folders with emails.

The utility is downloadable from here and it works.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?