thunderbird email.

ruskle 20:31 12 Nov 2010

I have just changed my Broadband provider to BT and was told by learned people on this forum that my old Lineone dial up email address would work OK.
I was with Tiscali after they took over Lineone but although I got a new broadband account I kept the old dial in email which worked fine since 2000.
Now I am using BT I cannot seem to get my Lineone emails to send and receive, I had been using windows Live mail in Win7 but after having no luck setting up my Lineone account with it I have downloaded Thunderbird. I still cannot get th emails to work and since I have had an email address with Lineone for 13 years everbody on my contact list knows it and I ma reluctant to use a new BT name even though it is the same as Lineone except for ending in btinternet.
How can I set up the Lineone account using Thunderbird via BT.
Please help.
Thanks,
Ruskle.

northumbria61 22:21 12 Nov 2010

See here click here

Ashrich 23:13 12 Nov 2010

Try using the lineone server settings for pop3 and the btinternet settings for smtp , and have the reply address in the account set to the lineone address , BT may not be happy with you sending emails through their servers with a different smtp name . Make sure you are using the correct pop3(probably 25) and smtp port (465) numbers

Ashley

Ashrich 23:23 12 Nov 2010

Apparently , you can also use a virgin smtp setting , at least that is what has happened click here , read down to the last post .

Ashley

ruskle 21:07 14 Nov 2010

Well after all that is was so simple, I just went to Yahoo Mail, which I believe is BT, and followed the instructions, if I hadn't been using Win7 it would have done it for me.

Thanks for the advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?