Thunderbird - control Deleted email.

[email protected] 10:05 02 Sep 2009

Always seems to be something eh!
When I deleted email from my Inbox, it used to go into the Deleted folder. Now this morning it goes into the ether!
I have looked in Tools > Options and Tools > Account Settings but don't seem to find anything which controls the destiny of a deleted email?
I would prefer to keep deleted email for a week or so as is my usual habit.
Thanks.

[email protected] 10:51 02 Sep 2009

Hi Marg7. I just had a look there and it looks OK (as yours).
I had what I though was a good look this morning when I discovered the problem but can't find anything like, for EG, "When I delete msgs delete them immediately" or with an option to send them to the trash for me to delete manually or after a specified length of time.

brundle 15:59 02 Sep 2009

Someone with a similar problem here; click here

[email protected] 18:54 02 Sep 2009

Thanks for the replies. I will check out the links and of course post if I rectify the situation ;-)

[email protected] 19:17 02 Sep 2009

Hmmm, all the settings are as they should be.
Gained nothing from the links other than that my setting are correct; tried all the tips :-(
Just have to keep digging...
Thanks.

[email protected] 19:36 02 Sep 2009

Well, I surfed here:
click here
and started to check settings again, never made any adjustments, as a last resort clicked on the Deleted folder - and - there they all are ???
The only "adjustment" I have made is the advice given in one of the links which suggests navigating to T/B Mail and delete Trash.msf
I have just tested again and sure enough, left clicking Delete sends the highlighted email to the trash!
Wish I could be more specific but it appears to be working OK again. Thanks all for the help :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017