Thunderbird

User-73C037C1-C6E4-4B3E-BFB2CBC061F1AED8 00:18 02 Sep 2007

I have just changed from OE to Thunderbird as my email client. There seems to be no dictionary, I get no response to clicking on HELP or on clicking a 'Download dictionaries' link in Tools.

Presumably I am doing something wrong.

I am running Windows XP SP2. I am able to send and receive mail in Thunderbird.

Any ideas??

PC

SANTOS7 00:22 02 Sep 2007

click here

this may help,good luck..

Forum Editor 01:13 02 Sep 2007

and drag the dictionary into your Thunderbird extension manager.

Presumably I am very thick - or there is something wrong with my Thunderbird. There is no option 'EXTENSIONS' under Tools, no does it appear under Tools/Options.

Sorry, but what am I doing wrong???

Incidentally, I am getting no email notification of responses to my HelpRoom postings as I did when using OE. Is this a clue? I seem to be receiving most of my mail.

Later -

It looks as if I am unable to follow links embedded in emails, which may relate to my inability to follow the help or download links. Up to now I have to few few emails to assess fully what is going on.

octal 09:11 02 Sep 2007

Download the dictionary from SANTOS7's link to your hard drive where you can find it again.

Go to Tools Add-ons, then when the window opens click on install and navigate to where you downloaded the dictionary and click on open in the file window, it will run the install procedure.

I think I've got more problems. I tried to download the dictionary as suggested: I was told that I have inhibited Mozilla installing on my machine. I rectified that. I was given the option to install the dictionary - no option to download the file - which I accepted. Told the installation had been successful, but Thunderbird will not perform any spell check on highlighted text. It shows the spell window when I send but the challenged word is blank and I have not been able to get it to recognise any spelling errors.
I assume I have some setting(s) wrong but have not been able to identify anything. I still cannot get any responsone from Help, nor can I follow a link by clicking or double clicking. And I do not get any notification of responses to my posting to the Herlp Room as I did with OE. - But I would like to use Thunderbird!!

octal 21:36 02 Sep 2007

Have a look in Tools>Add-ons you should see this if the dictionary has been installed click here

If it doesn't appear then it's not installed. Go back the site to download and instead right click on the dictionary link and save it to the hard drive and follow my instructions again from earlier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?