Thunderbird 2.0014update

weatherstation 15:51 13 May 2008

Hi, while I was checking my emails, Thunderbird said a new update 2.0.0.14 was installed, and to restart Thunderbird. That's where my problems started. When It tries to install, I get a message saying it can't access mozMapi32.dll file. I have tried to uninstall Thunderbird, but I get the same problem, and it aborts the uninstall. I have tried system restore, but I can't restore to an previous date. I have also tried to delete the file it's self, but I get the message, file in use, can not delete. Can anybody help me please? Thanks.

cocteau48 16:16 13 May 2008

I do not know if it will help with your problem but the approved (by Mozilla)way to uninstall thunderbird is just to delete it from program files.
No need to use an uninstaller.
May be worth a try and hope this helps.

brundle 16:21 13 May 2008

That's not what it says here; click here

True for Linux/Mac tho

Plenty of returns on Google if the words thunderbird and mozmapi32.dll are used.

Here's one; click here

cocteau48 16:56 13 May 2008

brundle
It may have been a year ago but that is what I was advised by a moderator on the Mozilla Forum.
click here=
and I was at that time running the release candidate of version 2

weatherstation 20:11 13 May 2008

Hi everybody, and thanks for all your help. The problem was caused by my web cam. All I had to do was disable the web cam, and Thunderbird installed OK. Hope this might help somebody else who has the same problem. Thanks again for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?