Thundebird Font Sizes

Noels 17:06 17 Nov 2008

I have today gone back to "Thunderbird" but when typing e-mails can only find S M L etc and not 10 12 14 16 20 26 36 etc. Am I missing something because my wife who is to be obayed WANTS, must have (so she says) specific font sizes!
Am I missing something.
Please help
Regards
Noels

DippyGirl 17:27 17 Nov 2008

Tools > Options > Display > Formatting > Fonts

mgmcc 19:14 17 Nov 2008

<<< Tools > Options > Display > Formatting > Fonts >>>

That actually sets the size in "pixels" rather than the conventional font size of "points", but there is a conversion table at click here

A conventional 12 point font equates to 16 pixels.

mgmcc 19:38 17 Nov 2008

Further "playing about" (and I have both Windows and Mac versions of Thunderbird) suggests that the above setting is only for the display of messages within the program; it *DOESN'T* control the font size used in sent messages.

I have found "fonts" to be a real problem because, if I send a message with what looks like a sensible size of text, when I receive a reply quoting my original message, the size can be ridiculously large.

Noels 20:44 17 Nov 2008

Her indoors who must be obeyed is out at present but I will show her your explanations. I think she will learn to live with the situation?
Thanks and,
Regards
Noels

Noels 08:28 18 Nov 2008

Interesting I think my wife now has it sorted thanks all your suggestions
Regards
Noels

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?