Thumbnails Photographs.

ribo 10:51 18 Aug 2008

Can anyone help me please. This is not such a great problem,but very annoying.

Everytime I want to look at my Photographs they appear in the folder as Icons. I want these to appear as thumbnails. I have looked, but do not seem to find anyway that I can change this so that it is permanent.
I appreciate your help. Thanks J

Border View 10:54 18 Aug 2008

I changed mine by clicking on "View" and then from the dropdown clicked on thumbnails.

Hope this works for you.

ribo 11:22 18 Aug 2008

Thanks. Yes this works, but the next time I open the folder, they are Icons again. I would like the view to be thumbnails without having to change it every time. J

southhead 12:01 18 Aug 2008

If you are happy to edit the registry try this link click here which explains how to increase the number of folders Windows will remember the settings for. I'm using XP Pro, and it's always worked for me.

exdragon 13:06 18 Aug 2008

If you haven't already done so, change them to thumbnails and then close the window by using File>Close instead of using the cross in the top right hand corner.

I've just tried it and it works for me.

ribo 16:07 18 Aug 2008

Thank you very much for your help. That does it and next time, even if you click on the X to close,they still open in Thumbnails next time.Thanks again.
southhead Thank you. I am not very happy editing the registry. The suggestion given by exdragon works. I still appreciate your help. J

exdragon 08:25 19 Aug 2008

Glad it worked! In general, if you use the File>Close option, you'll keep the settings - for example, if you resize a window and close down that way, it'll be the same size when you open up again.

ribo 10:07 19 Aug 2008

Thank you again for your help. Much appreciated. J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review

Be inspired by powerful National Theatre posters from the past 50 years

How to use the new Photos, Notes and Safari features in macOS High Sierra

Galaxy Note 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie