Thrown out of internet

montrachet 09:44 18 Aug 2006

I am having a problem with some sites where when I type in the address and press enter my internet browser shuts down. I have tried checking if the site is on the excluded list in my Internet Security program and this is not the case. I have tried shutting down Norton completely. My friends have no problems getting into the site. For reference the site address is club911med.com. This is a Porsche club site in France and I have no problem entering other Porsche Club sites in France.
Any idea's gratefully received.
Thanks
montrachet

jimv7 09:51 18 Aug 2006

I had no trouble entering the site, try clearing out cookies and temp. internet files.

montrachet 10:02 18 Aug 2006

have tried clearing out cookies and temp files. No joy.
montrachet

montrachet 10:06 18 Aug 2006

Just in case. Have cleared cookies and files and tried again. No go.

jimv7 10:11 18 Aug 2006

If using explorer, have you tried using firefox as a browser click here

Belatucadrus 10:15 18 Aug 2006

Have you tried http: //clubporschemed.free.fr/ it's a different address, for the same site.
Other than that try an alternative browser.

Newuser4165 10:23 18 Aug 2006

The latest update to IE6 from Microsoft screwed up some pcs.There may be another patch to fix this problem available shortly.
As a workaround you could uninstall the latest update for IE6.

montrachet 10:25 18 Aug 2006

jimv7
Thanks. Have tried Firefox. No go.

Belatucadrus.
Thanks. Still won't let me in.

montrachet 10:29 18 Aug 2006

Newuser4165
Thanks.
Discussed this with my brother the other day as he can get in.(IE5)
Can you tell me how I can just uninstall the update, because I do have IE6. Came with my automatic updates. Think perhaps I must change this service to install only after I have looked at them. Still I wouldn't know until after installation if the updates were going to cause problems.
montrachet

driving man 10:31 18 Aug 2006

Are you sure the site address is typed correctly.Try Googling for the site and see if there is an alternative link

montrachet 10:45 18 Aug 2006

Belatucadrus
Sorry this idiot tried only the first alternative.
Have now tried again and it actually went in on the second site offered.
Porsche clubs-DrIng.hcFPorscheAG.
Same site and in English. Strange.
Will now try the original address again to see if by some quirk it will now let me in.

driving man
Copied and pasted the site. So do not think it was my spelling although at times suspect.
Thanks anywya!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?