Three things please?

misters 10:36 06 Apr 2009

First i know this might be silly but how do i check if i have a wireless adapter in my pc xp and vista.
Also please dont find this totally stupid but were do i find the caculator ad the games that came with my pc they just seeed to have disappeared.
Thanx in advance

Graphicool1 10:53 06 Apr 2009

If it is a relatively new Laptop, it should have a built in Wireless Adapter. If it is a Desktop PC, it won't. But in case someone has installed a wireless card. Check at the back of the PC casing, where everything is plugged in, if it has an internal wireless card there will be an arial.
as for the Games & Calculator left click 'Start' (bottom left) left click 'All Programmes' Look for 'Games' & 'Accessories' when you hover the mouse over them menus will open revealing the contents. Accessories contains the 'Calculator'.

misters 11:03 06 Apr 2009

Its a new desktop pc that i have but i was just wondering if there was a way to check if there was a wireless adapter for a wireless connection pre installed and if there was a simple way to check.
I checked my programs and the games folder is empty and the calculator is not there in Accessories, i haven't uninstalled anything so any ideas what has happened. this pc is running xp the one i'm checking to see is wireless is vista.

Sea Urchin 12:19 06 Apr 2009

Go to Control Panel/Add Remove Programs/click on Add/Remove Windows Components - on the Components Wizard highlight Accessories and Utilities (usually at top of list) and click Details...

There should then be Subcomponents for Accessories and Games. Highlight each in turn and click Details... to see that Calculator is ticked, and also the individual games. Click OK. If Accessories and Games are NOT ticked then tick them and click OK.

If however they are already ticked then untick them and click OK etc. Then open up again and tick them and OK - hopefully this will restore them for you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:42 06 Apr 2009

Check in device manager for your wireless adaptor.

misters 20:03 06 Apr 2009

How do i check in device manager sorry i'm an idiot tonight.

rdave13 20:09 06 Apr 2009

PC Wizard 2008 will show all hardware info; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?