Three Pay as You Go Broadband - free?

WaTcHiNg 14:23 05 Nov 2008

Having contact 3 twice on this issue I thought I'd ask people who may know:

6 months ago I bought a pay as you go USB broadband modem on 3 network. I registered 1 £10 top up card and used that to purchase £10 of broadband knowing tha if I didn't use it all I 30 days I would loose it.
6 months ater my account at My3 shows £0 balance and I have been surfing for almost around 20 minutes now with no credit. I have called 3 twice and been told 1) you can get to search engines and 3's site to buy more credit and 2)you get 200kb free every 15 minutes.
However, I have downloaded a 5MB file from Microsoft, browsed on facebook and am now browsing the forums on PCAdvisor.
Since I've called them and been honest about the issue and they don't seem bothered, I thought I'd see if anyone else has experienced this phenomenum?
Since they have no address for me and no credit/debit card details I guess I've got free broadband :-)

woodchip 14:55 05 Nov 2008

Keep your mouth shut they may be listening

Pineman100 16:45 05 Nov 2008

It sounds as though you've been as honest about this situation as anyone could expect.

But there comes a point where I think you can quite reasonably stop beating them over the head to take your money.

They clearly don't want it!

Weskit 18:39 05 Nov 2008

Just wonder what BB you are connecting to? Someone else's un-secured?

tullie 18:41 05 Nov 2008

Might cost you a lot when they find out

woodchip 18:47 05 Nov 2008

How can it cost they have no details of him, he cannot connect with 3 to a router. it connects to mobile network i.e celphone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie