Thompsons Interactive Training

Larry Lamb 16:26 11 Jul 2007

Yesterday I purchased Thompson's Home Network Interactive Training CD which needs Internet Explorer to run as the browser for the CD. I cannot get it to run all I get is the message (shown below) to install Java but it is installed on my computer I have checked, I have even tried to install it form the CD by clicking on the link but it tells me that it is already installed. Any help or a solution to get it to run would be appreciated I have disabled all popups as it states on the CD.

Runtime Environment
The course player has detected that a JRE (Java Runtime Environment) does not exist on your machine.

The course requires a JRE to be able to launch. To install the JRE, please click the below link:

anskyber 16:30 11 Jul 2007

Is it enabled in tools, internet options, advanced tab and Java?

Larry Lamb 20:58 11 Jul 2007

Thanks for your prompt reply anskyber, I have checked in, tools, internet options, advanced tab and in the list I do not see any reference to Java. Any more thoughts?

anskyber 21:07 11 Jul 2007

Try downloading from here. click here

anskyber 21:09 11 Jul 2007

Or here. click here

Larry Lamb 22:00 11 Jul 2007

I downloaded and installed Java from your links to their site, it then would not run without Adobe Flash being installed, I downloaded and installed it and the software now runs. Thanks a lot for your help anskyber

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone