Thompson Speedtouch 576

sexdonkey 08:52 16 Jan 2007

Hiya to all, i obviously have the Thompson Speedtouch 576 which i run through aol and have it connected with a usb cable to my desk top computer and i have a laptop which i use a netgear card to get online with it, everything runs fine and never had any probs but i am now changing ISP to NTL cable and want to know do i have to buy a new router or can i still use my Thompson, is Thompson compatible with Cable as aol is a ADSL and obviosly cable uses USB, if it was ok i would have to buy a new card for desktop as the USB would be used for cable but anyone got any ideas??. Thanx.

Taff™ 09:06 16 Jan 2007

Afraid you need a Wireless Cable router. Yours isn`t compatible with cable.

Taff™ 09:12 16 Jan 2007

By the way most Cable wireless routers plug into the NTL modem via an Ethernet cable. Ask NTL if there is a USB connection as an alternative.

taffbo 09:16 30 Mar 2007

Hi i am trying to help a friend out with his problem. He has a thompson 576 wireless modem a laptop and a desktop computer. The laptop is an acer running vista desktop xp pro.The problem is with the router it says that the laptop is connected and the laptop is saying it is connected but it would let me view any web page.In net work in vista it has a x net to the internet. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and could pls help me help him before i lose all my hair. Thanks

Taff™ 10:25 30 Mar 2007

You need to post a new thread in the Network Forum with a Subject of: "Speedtouch 576 Internet Connection with Vista" or something similar. This thread is about a different problem and won`t attract the right answers for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?