Is thhis a virus?

Molly_Don 12:42 18 Oct 2009

I've just completed a scan with Malwarebytes, and it's found this: [IMG]click here[/IMG]

Is it a virus, if so, how do I delete it, and also, I have kaspersky internet security, anyone have any idea how it got past it?

OTT_Buzzard 12:52 18 Oct 2009

Info. Has also got removal instructions. If you can get malwarebytes or kaspersky to do it automatically that would be the better option.

click here

Molly_Don 13:12 18 Oct 2009

Thanks for your advice

I've no idea what I'm doing as my computer knowledge is zero, however, I've downloaded and run what you suggested, it's completed a scan, but now it's asking me for a fee [IMG]click here[/IMG]

Not sure what I should be deletting / removing.

oldbeefer2 13:16 18 Oct 2009

When you ran Malwarebytes, the screen showed a 'remove selected'. That should do it for free!

Molly_Don 13:48 18 Oct 2009

Hi oldbeefer

Thanks, I've deleted as you suggested, run another Malwarebytes scan, and it seems to be clean.

Jock1e

Thanks for your advice, I only use Malwarebytes and Kaspersky, I did a Kaspersky scan and it found nothing, only Malwarebytes found it, I'm doing another Kaspersky scan and see what if anything it produces.

Thanks guys for the help.

Molly_Don 14:02 18 Oct 2009

Following on, I just ran another Kaspersky virus scan, and it found this:

[IMG]click here[/IMG]

I take it that's been deleted also?

OTT_Buzzard 14:06 18 Oct 2009

Yes, it's been deleted by Kaspersky.

I should clarify that in my post @ 12.52, I hadn't intended for you to download and install the anti-virus software that the site linked to. It was only meant for information and manual removal instructions.

Malwarebytes and Kaspersky should be perfectly sufficent to keep your PC clean.

Molly_Don 14:12 18 Oct 2009

OK OTT_Buzzard

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017