Is there a way round *.pdf file security??

SpyMan²°°­­³ 11:29 14 Mar 2003

I am doing some uni work at the moment and am just doing a bit of research on my topic, but it is taking longer than expected as i cannot copy diagrams or text of some of the adobe acrobat files i am using as it is locked by a password.

I need some of the graphs for a presentation i am doing.

Is there anyway round these passwords?

or, Is there any way i can extract the data via another method.

kuhbler 11:42 14 Mar 2003

Have you tried CTRL+A (Select All - this will highlight everything on that particular acrobat page), CTRL+C (copy) then opening up Word or whatever and pressing CTRL+V to paste. this will probably only copy the text and not the diagrams.

jazzypop 11:51 14 Mar 2003

For speed, scan them and re-import them.

If they are copy-protected, however, it is probably because the author is trying to protect their copyright. You need to consider the benefit of reproducing the charts vs the copyright issue.

SpyMan²°°­­³ 12:10 14 Mar 2003

Kuhbler...unfortunately that method doesn't work.
'Select all' is not available and copy isn't an option.

Jazzypop...no doubt scanning is the way that i will have to go. As for the copyright issue...it shouldn't be a problem as long as i reference the source that i extracted the information from.

leo49 12:24 14 Mar 2003

Can't you use a screengrab utility [I use screenrip32]which will capture any specific part of a screen which you care to frame as an image file?

Regards

Taff36 12:38 14 Mar 2003

I have Adobe Acrobat 5 - The free version and this works BUT the documents I have may not be copy password protected:

On the main toolbar there is a Text Select Tool and next to it a graphics select tool. By clicking onto either you can select the relevant part of the document and then paste it into your word document.

As an alternative and this definately works:

Size the graphic into your screen area by selecting the zoom in Acrobat and then press the print screen button on your keyboard. (Next to your scroll lock & pause break keys)

Open Paint and paste the image into it. Then use the paint tools to select and cut, paste, crop, size etc - much faster than scanning and the result almost as good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?