Is there a way to Back-up to Disk all my Emails ?

Giggle n' Bits 01:03 04 Dec 2004

Could do with a back up of all my Emails in the Inbox & Deleated items box of Outlook Express 6 running 98SE.

Backing up the Address book was no problem but how about getting emials of. Shurley its not a Print job ?

johnnyrocker 01:15 04 Dec 2004

try a search for dbx files then file export might work.

johnny.

beeuuem 02:20 04 Dec 2004

You could try click here Using this you can create a folder eg OE Backup anywhere you choose and burn to disk.
It can save all your mailboxes and the address book in one operation.

GroupFC 09:15 04 Dec 2004

You could try a search for the .dbx files and then burn them to a back up medium. In order to read them from the .dbx files get this click here

Good Luck!

Carafaraday 09:53 04 Dec 2004

I got this freebie way back - about 2 years ago but I presume it's still around - backs up (and restores) without any bother - I know it works, cos I had a total pc failure in the summer and restored all the old emails to my new pc easily and quickly.

kyprosman 12:39 04 Dec 2004

Make a folder to your desktop, open your outlook express,select your emails, then drag and drop em to your folder on desktop, then burn em to disk. andy.

Giggle n' Bits 14:03 04 Dec 2004

Your idea seems the easyway but thanks to everyone who posted there ideas.

Bagsey 15:02 04 Dec 2004

I would not have thought of that way, because it is to easy. Thanks very much for the tip. That is why I like computers so much, everyday I learn something new. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?