There was a problem logging...Your password was..

Simon Sudbury 21:10 01 Dec 2010

Hi again

Apologies for creating a new thread here but I think my previous related one has gone in the solved bin.

Gist is that I dual boot Vista 32 and XP (Vista preinstalled) and was trying to set up OE in XP and use that instead of Windows Mail in Vista (long story but some progs don't work in Vista and now use XP more).

Set up my pop and smtp settings in OE 6 but keep getting the above message advising me that there was a prob with password. I've checked Sky settings and ensured that the password matches but no joy. Keep getting the same message.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Ta

Simon

Ashrich 22:41 01 Dec 2010

Interesting that you should post this as Sky use gmail(googlemail) for their email service , and Tuesday morning I got a phone call from a client saying her password was being refused by gmail , so I logged out of my account and tried hers and sure enough , it failed .

I then logged back into my account and that was refused as well . Fortunately I was able to reset my account as I had another mail address logged with gmail they could send the necessary information to , my client didn't .

Maybe gmail is having some limited problems again ...

Ashley

Simon Sudbury 07:41 02 Dec 2010

Thanks

Will pursue this on the Sky forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?