is there a visual check for locked cells in excel?

ernieernie 21:02 12 Sep 2006

Is there a visual check for locked cells in excel?
I am the author and maintenance man for a rather complicated excel spreadsheet Many cells are locked but they are widely distributed in the spreadsheet.
I remember that over twenty years ago, that in Supercalc, when a cell was locked there was a visible indicator of the fact but I cannot find a way to make excel do the same.
It is a frustrating job trying to check what is locked and what isn't. Surely excel ought to have a facility for this. Can anyone help?

STREETWORK 21:05 12 Sep 2006

Select the cell, select format, remove the tick in 'locked'

ernieernie 21:26 12 Sep 2006

Thanks for the effort, Streetwork, but that means I have to select every cell in order to check.
What I meant was that there ought to be a way to see if a cell is locked without having to go anywhere. I know that I could colour the cells differently to show whether or not they are locked but that is yet another job and it limits my use of colour for other purposes.

VoG II 22:16 12 Sep 2006

If these cells contain formulas, go to Edit > Go to, click the Special button and select Formulas then click OK. Cells containing formulas will now be selected. Now go to Format > Cells and select the Patterns tab and choose a colour.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?