Is there a SIMPLE way to change from WEP to WPA

Zebrapec 13:51 27 May 2008

Hi, I have a Linksys Wireless-G ADSL Gateway which is hard wired to my desk top (WIN xp) and conected to three other wireless laptops (WIN VISTA)
It is running okay at the moment on WEP, but a warning window keeps appearing every now and then on the desktop that the portal window address is being used by someone else, whatever that means.
So, I changed the setting on the Router? to WPA and my desktop carried on okay, but all three laptops lost their connection. What do I need to do/alter please, to get the laptops connected to the Router again? I know that their are explinations with the Linksys, but they are so difficult for me to understand, please can someone help me?

woodchip 14:15 27 May 2008

After changing to WPA you have to create a password, this you have to put into all your Wireless Computers Connection Software. Along with the SSID

woodchip 14:16 27 May 2008

On you Wireless Computers just double click the connection in System Tray near clock, then click connect it should ask for the above password

Zebrapec 15:31 27 May 2008

Thanks, I will try that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?