Is there a quick way to resize my photos in a batc

amyfleur 22:28 17 Apr 2007

Is there a quick way to resize my photos in a batch?

When I download my photos from my new Kodak C875 camera to my PC, they are huge sizes at approx. 2,500kb to 3,500kb (dimensions are 3264 x 2448).

I NOW know, in future, to use the 5MP option rather than the 8MP on my camera, for general pic taking but is there a quick way to resize all the current downloaded photos on my PC to a more comfortable size, say 1,000KB? Because at this rate my PC memory is going to be gobbled up even though it's a 60GB HDD (I've already used 36GB).

I have Photoshop Elements 3.0 and Picasa2 on my PC. I know I can (and how to) resize using PE3.0 but they take ages to do individually and I am hoping there is a quick way to do this as I now have a couple of hundred pics to reduce the sizes of.

Thanks.

amyfleur 22:57 17 Apr 2007

It's okay I have found a way.

beeuuem 23:06 17 Apr 2007

Do share - please.

MAJ 04:10 18 Apr 2007

There are a number of ways to do it. If you have Photoshop, you could create an action (similar to a macro) to do it.

Irfanview click here has an option to do it, Go to File > Batch Conversion/Rename, add your pictures to the 'input files' box, tick the "use advanced options" box, then the "Set Advanced Options" button and fill in your requirements.

XP can do it also if you download and install Microsoft's free image resizer, click here, just select all the pictures you want to resize, right-click on one and choose the Resize Pictures option from the context menu. you will have the oportunity to choose the size you require your pictures to be.

Stuartli 08:30 18 Apr 2007

Just released (Fotosizer):

click here

I've used Irfanview and PIXResizer for several years@

click here

amyfleur 20:15 23 Apr 2007

beeuuem - only just logged back in and found your request.

In Photoshop Elements: if you have a number of pictures to perform the same process on, you can do this using the 'process multiple files' facility under the file menu. I used CONVERT FILES TO: JPEG Medium Quality. And I get prompted each step of the way.

You can also RENAME FILES and RESIZE IMAGES. You need to input your source and destination using 'browse' but this becomes obvious once you pull up this facility.

Hope this helps, sorry it's late.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?