'There is a problem with this websites security ce

Sparkly 18:26 18 Sep 2008

Hi all just had an email from a friend saying this 'There is a problem with this websites security certificate' It then gives 3 options which are basically:
Click to close
Continue (not recommended)
More information
They are all high profile sites like Alliance and Leicester, Halifax and National Lottery etc. rather than 'Swedish nymphos go wild in Barnsley'. He also get a similar message when trying to access his e.mails.
Just emailed him to find out what OS and Browser he uses i know he is with BT but not sure if he uses thier browser.
Hase anyone any thoughts ? apart from visiting Barnsley. Thanks in advance.

MAT ALAN 18:30 18 Sep 2008

error can be relayed to a date and time issue, check both to see if they are correct..

If time has changed it could also be a sign that the CMOS battery needs replacing..

Sparkly 18:38 18 Sep 2008

Thanks MAT ALAN i will check this with him.

Sparkly 06:43 19 Sep 2008

Hi again i still have not had a reply back from my friend so unable to give an update at this moment, as he has this message poping up is there any security risk when he is accessing these sites ie. Alliance and Leicester, Halifax shoul he be concerned?

Sparkly 16:24 19 Sep 2008

Hi MAT ALAN he finally got back to me and the date and time was the culprit so its a new CMOS battery to put things right thanks for your help and advise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?