is there a "next page" key

sunnystaines 10:06 16 Apr 2009

on opening web pages that consist of several sub pages like long threads in the forum is there a key on the keyboard to hit that will open the next page.

Graphicool1 10:15 16 Apr 2009

I think that's something you'd have to set up with a specific programme. There's the 'End' button, but that takes you to the very end and of course there's 'Page Up & Page Down' they speak for themselves.

If you use 'PDF' software 'Adobe Reader' for reading. That can move from page to page or you can pick specific page numbers and go straight there.

Graphicool1 10:25 16 Apr 2009

All keyboards aren't the same. I have many keys on mine that I never use. I thought they wouldn't work unless they'd been assigned to do a specific task. However I just tried a couple and surprise they do, do what they depict on the button! Thanks for drawing my attention to them. Although none show a page turning.

woodchip 10:26 16 Apr 2009

there should be numbers or same thing as gooooogle for changing pages where you press the o

Graphicool1 10:29 16 Apr 2009
  woodchip 10:34 16 Apr 2009

Page turning is done with web page not keyboard. You only have back and forward button after you have been to the page on a Media Keyboard

sunnystaines 12:18 16 Apr 2009

Graphicool1 thanks the link.

woodchip looks like you are right no option available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?