Is there a free prog to burn dvd movies

frenchman96 14:35 10 Nov 2010

I have downloaded some movies from a memory stick to my hard drive.

I have DVDFlick/Prism Video File Converter but I want a prog to burn these films to a dvd to watch on tv/dvd player

michaelw 15:13 10 Nov 2010

DVD Flick burns but you have to change settings so after it converts it burns.

eedcam 18:57 10 Nov 2010

Dont risk a dvd set flick to create an Iso image then if that plays ok then just burn with Imgburn which you have with flick .Flick is not infallible and is quite happy to convert and burn absolute unwatchable rubbish depending on the state of the files as well as the format

lotvic 19:48 10 Nov 2010

What method do you use to play an ISO?

I thought an ISO was an image that had to be burnt to DVD/CD before you could watch it. (Unless you mount it in a Virtual Drive)

Im a diddy 21:43 10 Nov 2010

Vlc definately plays isos without mounting.

lotvic 21:43 10 Nov 2010

Thanks for that, I've been using VLC for a couple of years and never noticed, prob because haven't read the info on it for such a long time.
And I only updated to latest version not so long ago, doh:)

frenchman96 17:51 11 Nov 2010

Have just installed and used XISISOFT which looks good, but after setting it to burn a dvd, at the end it says insuffienct room on disk.

This does not make sense as I have tried twice, each time with a new DVD disk which are 4.7GB.

Any ideas please

eedcam 18:09 11 Nov 2010

Your disc cannot hold 4.7 G/b only about 4.2 also did you choose fit to disc whn you selected to burn .Remember the files you are trying to burn are highly compressed compared to dvd files which are MPEG 2 when converted.Dvd flick as suggested earlier would not have given you this problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?