Is there a better uninstaller than the Xp version?

buel 08:25 20 Jul 2008

Hi there, im sure i read in Pc advisor that there is a much better free uninstaller than the one on Windows than deletes everything as opposed to the Windows one that isn't that great and apparently leaves files accosiated with whatever programme you've tried to uninstall, does this mean anything to anyone please?

ambra4 08:33 20 Jul 2008

Revo Uninstaller

Forget Microsoft Add/Remove program as it leave files in the registry and on the hard

drive which will causes problem uninstalling and reinstalling programs

Revo Uninstaller

click here

If the windows request message to reboot appear DO NOT click the NO button Revo will

now search the registry and hard drive for any files that is not required, just click the

Select All button and the Delete button if any left over files are found once the “Finish”

button appear you can than reboot the computer

€dstowe 09:14 20 Jul 2008

In most cases the best un-installer is the one that belongs to the program being removed. Almost all modern programs have this facility.

jack 09:54 20 Jul 2008

The programs own unistaller is the on to use
Then something like Ccleaner for a clean up

cocteau48 10:30 20 Jul 2008

Revo Uninstaller
1st.. Creates a restore point
2nd.. Seeks out and uses the uninstaller which belongs to the program being uninstalled.
3rd.. Then searches the registry for any left over entries,

Since I have started using this I find that registry cleaners find very little to nothing of programs which have been uninstalled.

dogbreath1 10:40 20 Jul 2008

As has already been written. Look no further than Revo. Superb.

dogbreath1 10:42 20 Jul 2008

...and to placate those who point to a programs' own uninstaller, Revo looks there first and launches it if available.

buel 16:08 20 Jul 2008

Hi again, unfortunately i used the revo and accidentaly uninstalled some printer software, please can anyone tell me how to get it back? It still appears in the revo window with the option of uninstalling it so im a little confused now...

ambra4 16:11 20 Jul 2008

Just re install the printer software from the printer cd

ambra4 16:18 20 Jul 2008

"It still appears in the revo window with the option of uninstalling it so im a little confused now"

You have only uninstall part of the printer software

when using Revo you have to uninstall all the items listed for the program that you want to uninstall

As some programs will load the driver plus other software

Printer software can load driver, software for the scanner, copier, photo printing, photo editing, fax,etc.

buel 17:35 20 Jul 2008

Hi, iv reistalled all the relevant printer software and still no luck, iv even done a system restore to yesterday (when the pc and printer were working fine) and still no luck! Bugger!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?